Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Praying for my childrens friends

Today my daughter and I are off to a park in the city that has animals and gardens to enjoy! We are going with a friend of mine from BSF and her daughter. We are blessed with friends who love the Lord. Even my boys, who are in school, have chosen friends who are from Christian families. They live nearby and go to church with us. As they are young my husband and I have lots of control over who thier friends are. Today I am praying for thier friendships so they will be in God's hand.

Dear Lord,
Provide my children with godly friends who are supportive and truthful. Keep them from relationships that would draw them away from You.

Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return fro their work; if one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. Bur how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." (NIV)

Proverbs 27: 5-6 "Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses." (NIV)

I Corinthians 15: 33 "Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." Come back to you senses as you ought and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God- I say this to your shame." (NIV)

3 comments:

Sue J. said...

"Bad company corrupts good character." And God's wisdom in giving us that Scripture is so profound, because how quickly being in bad company can change first our responses, then our thinking and ultimately our character.

Thank you for sharing His wisdom today, and I LOVE your new blog and what you are doing with it! Such great encouragement for us all and a great way to share. I've already shared with our mutual friend Chatty Kelly that this may be a summer Bible study in the making, this blogging we do.....

Keep it up!

Kelly said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Amazing, fun and addictive. But also inspiring. I love your blog. It is really beautiful.

And you "Patterson5" are a beautiful woman of God who reflects Jesus so well.

Keep up the good work!

The Patterson 5 said...

Thank you ladies for your comments! I really enjoy learning from the both of you! A summer blogging study could be really fun!
Thanks for the encouragement! You gals are great!