Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Prayer

Dear God,
As we remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, of their lives for our protection and freedom, may we remember You taught us there is no greater love than to lay one's life down for his friends. May the families who have lost their loved one, while in the service of our country, find peace and comfort in that they have followed in Jesus footsteps.
May You surround our troops with your loving protection. Grant them courage and trust in You for each task they must face. Also provide strength, peace and provision for their families while they are away.
Lord, please be with our country's leaders, may they rely on Your guidance as their decisions affect the lives of so many. In Jesus Name, Amen

John 15:12-13 ""This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one gas greather love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends."

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you for this wonderful tribute. As the wife of a veteran, I think it is so important that people remember this.

Anonymous said...

I truly enjoy reading your blog, I try my best to visit every morning so that I can start my day reflecting on the "daily prayer." Just wanted to say thank you!