Monday, May 12, 2008

Praying for my children's future spouses

I have a dear friend I walk with to help us keep in shape! I love our walks not only for the time of exercise but for the time of fellowship. She shared with me how her mom prayed often for her and her sister's future spouses even when they were young girls. At first I did not even want to imagine the reality that my children will one day grow up and leave my home. Later I realized the power my friend's mom prayers had impacted the lives of these families. So today I will pray for godly spouses for my three children or for their peace if God has plans of singleness for them.

Dear God,
If it is your will that someday my children marry guide them to spouses who love and honor You first in thier lives. May they all view marriage as a sacred covenant between You and eachother. May they pray together to You for guidance. May they find the support of a church family and other married couples to help them along the way. May they pass on a rich heritage to future generations. Help me to be a kind and loving Mother-in-law, one that will not mettle in thier lives but support the unity that You have planned in marriage. If Lord You have willed for them to remain single let them accept it and enjoy undivided devotion to You.


Ps. 127:3-5 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him. (NIV)
Ps 128:1-4 "Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house your sons will be like olive shoots around your table. (NIV)

I Cor. 7:35 "I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord." (NIV)

2 comments:

sgreen said...

Thank you for sharing such inspirational comments. I will pray more for such future events and other ones too, while celebrating the present. You truly shine and I appreciate all you share with so many.

sgreen said...

What wonderful thoughts about the future reality. I feel your inspiration to pray more through your words on all these pages.

Thanks for sharing. You are a true light in so many ways!