Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Are You Wearing?

Yesterday after my youngest saw how fun dress up could be we had to put on "her finest" as soon as we got home! It was a fun afternoon of playing ballerina in the back yard! She does have two older brothers so it was not all frilly girly time!

It made me think about the things we wear and what I hope we are wearing no matter what clothes we happen to pick on any particular day. There is a parable in Matthew about a wedding feast. Those invited did not come, so the king sent out his servants to go out and find anyone they could find. They found people out on the streets both good and bad and soon the wedding hall was full. In those times, when you were invited to a wedding-special clothing was provided for you by the host. The king, while visiting with his guests saw some who did not have on their wedding clothes. He asks them how they got in without the clothes. They are speechless. They are thrown out. It seems rather harsh. Perhaps the king does not recognize them as his own because of what they are not wearing.

When God looks at me what does He see?

My hope is that He sees me covered with the robe of righteousness. Because of Jesus covering my life full of sin with His perfect life, God will recognize me as His own.
May we be covered in the robe of righteousness, "holy and without blemish."

Revisit this parable Matthew 22:1-14

Dear God,
When the time comes and we stand before You, may our faith in Jesus be so strong that all You see is Jesus covering us. Give me the words and wisdom to teach my children and others about Your abundance of love for us, in the gift of Your Son, that I may pass this faith on, so that they too will be covered. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Colossians 1:22-23 "But now he (God the father) has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, with our blemish and free from accusation if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel." (NIV)

Ephesians 6:14 "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. "

Job 29:14 "I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban."

4 comments:

Sue J. said...

Wow....you and C.K. are really blogging alike this morning!

I have to say that the photo of your daughter is a WINNER! That first one especially is framed so beautifully. You may have to send that in to a contest! (Not that pushing a truck with your tutu isn't great, too, but.....)

Makes me think I should blog on "What NOT to wear."

Thanks for a great share, today!

Kelly said...

Well - great minds thing alike! God must be planning something as we blogged on the same subject today! Isn't that amazing?

But Sue J is right. Your photo is fabulous!

Be sure and read mine today too, for a like minded blog.

My ADHD Me said...

I am definitely agreeing with the majority. Your pictures are adorable. I love the pink tu-tu. That is something I never get to have around here...which is a good thing...since I have 2 boys...Happy Day!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This was really neat! Two of my regular reads have posted the same exact thing! God is usually very specific on what He wants us to learn. Let's pay attention here!!

I love the new color scheme of your blog!!