"He's got the whole world in his hands." We all know the song! My two year old was singing that song today, some verses were different..... "He's got the whole baby in His hands" and "He's got the whole brothers"..."the whole mommies in His Hands." She put "the whole" in every verse. It made me chuckle and then think about how God does want the "whole" mommies, brothers, and everyone. He wants all of our, hearts, minds, souls and strengh. He wants our lives not just on Sundays and not just during our "quiet" time but all of the time. In the grocery store, at the park, in school, at work you get the idea! Sometimes I lose my cool and yell-looking back I think if only I'd prayed about that feeling first instead of just letting it fly out! If only I'd given God the "whole" mommy and let my life be held in His hand! Thankfully God holds us in His hand even when we mess up and forget to give Him each moment.
Dear God,
Thank you for the nuggets of wisdom you pack in my children for me to discover- the wonderful reminders of Your love for us all! May we all find comfort in the promise that You hold us in the palm of your hand. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all you soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength" (NIV)
Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghen you and help you; I will hold you with my righteous right hand."
3 comments:
'Whole' comes from words that mean healthy, sound and unbroken. And when we fall apart or come unglued--not uncommon for us busy moms--God really does hold us together.
Of course, it helps to recognize when you are broken! Life's circumstances have a way of making us unravel ourselves pretty quickly, when it's not necessary or appropriate.
So, as I continue on this "single mom" weekend, I will remember your words and God's promises that He is with me to keep me whole.
P.S. And for a completely different take on 'whole,' you can visit my blog. (God wanted to balance out my levity with your wholeness--AMEN!)
How great. And when I don't give God the whole Kelly, I end up with HOLES that can only be filled by God.
Thanks for the inspiration. And thank your daughter. A little child shall lead them!
**I deleted my previous comment. I inadvertently used your daughter's name.**
Post a Comment