Thursday, July 10, 2008

Time For Rejuvenation!

Do you remember the Calgon commercials? Where every loud thing that could happen is happening and a lady says in exasperation, "Calgon take me away!" Then she is in a beautiful, relaxing, bubble bath adorned in pretty flowers.

I am going away! Not by Calgon, nor to a bubble bath, but to a women's retreat with some gals from church! I have mentioned how difficult it is to find a "quiet" moment in our house so I am looking forward to some quiet reflective moments. Plus times to worship God and to be spiritually rejuvenated!

Yesterday and today have been days of preparation. As much as I look forward to some time away from my "noise makers," I know I will miss them, probably by tonight or at the latest by tomorrow morning. I have prepared the house, filled the pantry, and baked chocolate chip cookies. I even made waffles this morning for breakfast. Perhaps I am feeling a tad guilty for leaving. My husband is psyched for the weekend adventure and thanks to CK he does have a free morning! (Thanks CK!)

I do not expect to come back a brand new woman but at least a refreshed, rejuvenated and more exuberant one! Ready to take on the world for Jesus-or at least ready to take on my family!

Dear God,
I thank you for this opportunity to "get away from it all" to reconnect with You. I thank you for the fellowship of fellow believers. I especially thank you for my husband and dear friend who will be caring for my children while I am away-keep them all under Your protective care. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Psalm 37:7 a "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him"

Mark 6:46 "After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray"

3 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

Have a Wonderful, Wonderful time!
Relax, have fun, and be safe!!

Kelly said...

You will have a WONDERFUL time! but be aware you may come home more tired than when you left. But a different kind of tired, and a happy tired and a glad to be home tired. Home will seem much more wonderful after time away - - and your kids will thing you are much more wonderful after having time to miss you (hubby too.)

have fun!

Sue J. said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you. I suspect you will have the perfect balance of girlfriend time and time with our Lord--and you'll be blessed by both.

We'll hear from you soon!