Mothering must be one of the hardest jobs in all the world! The President may say my opinion is unfounded but without his mother, would he still be in his office? Our life has a "filled to the max" quality to it. There is always so much to be done and never enough hours to complete the tasks. I can get spread too thin and harried during my days as a mom. Then everything seems to come out wrong. I am a yeller. There I confessed it. I can rant and rave about the importance of obeying your parents, cleaning your room, feeding/walking the dog, brushing your teeth, clearing the table (I could go on and on and on, hence the ranting).
What I need to do is STOP and take a breath, maybe two...... or even ten and definitely deep.
Jesus invites us to follow Him so that we do not feel so over stretched. He wants my focus to be on Him. Not on the neatness of cleanliness of my house! When I focus on Jesus, I spend time with Him in His Word, the Bible. The unimportant things fall away, my yelling ceases, and I can be the loving mother He planned for me to be through Him.
Dear God,
Please hold my tounge! May I be silent even, if needed. May I slow down, take a breath, then gently guide the ones You have lent into my care. My desire is for them to love You, rely on You, allow You to live in their hearts. May they see my weaknesses made strong in the ways You work in me. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Psalm 37:8a "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath"
2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is make perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "
James 3:6 "The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. "
3 comments:
I am a yeller too. I echo your prayers for me! I think summer time is the hardest because everyone is home full time.
I am a better mom during the school year. :-)
I actually went too far and told Daughter #1 that if I started yelling that I needed to put myself in time out. She took that to mean that SHE could put me in time out for yelling!
When you are physically weak (for me, mostly, from lack of sleep), it's hard to walk away and say that prayer and believe that God will step in right there and then. But you need to. Not that God makes that situation go away--uh, uh! But, when you recognize His presence, the outcome can be very different than where things were headed.
Hang in there! Remember your treadmill analogy!!
I am not much of a yeller. I hold it in and hold it in AND hold it in and then KABOOM! Sad thing is, by then, the thing I end up yelling about isn't even that important but by then I have reached the proverbial straw and this camels back is broken.
As CK said, I am a better mom during the school year.....until time for homework...then my sweet little Alberquando (who is "he ADHD he")and I definately have our moments....Talk about the blind leading the blind....actually I don't think we were talking about that...but you know what I mean...
Post a Comment