I have never confessed to be a women's libber. In fact I thought that I was a very good submitter until I listened more carefully to myself. I am bossy. At times I even nag about when a project should be completed and how. Some times I will roll my eyes at his requests to know the plans for my day and when I will be home. Maybe I am not as submissive as I thought.
God commands my husband to love me as he loves himself and as Christ loves the church. (Jesus died for us in His love). In honoring this command my husband must make sure nothing harms me. He might ask me not to drive at night, or to be sure to call him on the way home so he knows to be on watch for my arrival. He may be nervous when I walk close to the edge on a mountain top-not because he doubts my skills but because he feels responsible for my life.
Submission to my husband is being respectful. When I step back and allow him to be the leader of our household I am putting my faith in God. God chose Mr P to be my husband. God chose us to be the parents for our three little ones. I will choose to obey!
While reading this to Mr P he smiled and said you should listen to your blog!
Dear God,
I thank you for the gift you have given me in the love Mr P and I share! Sometimes I do not want to listen or go along with his decisions and at times I am bossy and a nag. Please forgive me as this is disrespectful to You and to Mr P. May I ever be mindful of the grand design You have in place for our family. Mr P is the head of our family. He is God fearing and loves You so I have no reason to doubt any of his decisions. May I view submission as obediance to You! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Proverbs 18:2 "A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart. "
Proverbs 21:9 "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop thatn in a house shared with a contentious woman"
Ephesians 5: 21-25 "Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."
3 comments:
Wow. Wow. Wow. I have a hard time with this one too. I know what I SHOULD do, but I am hardheaded.
I laughed at Mr P saying "You should listen to your blog." haha!
But I think you probably do a pretty good job. We are all works in progress, right?
When I'm not in submission (knowing or unknowingly), that amazing Spirit that works within us provides a little (or not so little) nudge that says, "HEY! WAKE UP! Do you see what's going on here? Why do you think things are the way they are at the moment."
And before (I wish, more often) you can say, "It's his fault," you stand convicted that you need to re-examine the situation, and confess and get some Divine counsel.
Submission can be really, really hard.
OK, I'm going to work on one habit at a time. I am now working on reading the Bible on a regular basis. So, as much as it pains me, I will need to hold off on working on submission.
Post a Comment