My husbands lunch box wore out and rather than buy a new one he suggested he just use our middle son's old one. He is unphased by walking into his office with the Power Rangers!
I think parenthood helps us to let go a bit of preconceived, pretenses that can sometimes make adults kind of stuffy. Often times I have visited the library and grocery store with Spider man and Super man. I know the days are coming soon when I will travel with a Princess, ballerina or a butterfly. These travels are fun and sadly only last a few years. The dress up years!
I wonder if God chuckles as we try out different "costumes" during the chapters of our lives. I remember as a newly wed feeling giddy about "keeping house". It was as fun as "playing" house was while in preschool! My imaginings of motherhood before my oldest was born were blissful, and holding my baby for the first time was so much more exquisite than "playing mommy" was as a child. I absolutely love to iron my little girls dresses, it almost feels like I am playing again! As I watch Mr P playing with my children I smile, seeing the boy in him come alive. I am looking forward to many more "playing" opportunities in the future.
Dear God,
I thank you for the joy You bring into our lives through the roles we play. May we appreciate each precious moment not missing out on any of the joy You have for us! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Give a hug today and appreciate each gift and chapter God has given to you!
Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a gift from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.
3 comments:
That is TOO COOL!
Maybe I'll show up to Bible study this fall with a Dora the Explorer lunch box! Actually, the best would be taking back my old Campus Queen lunch box that my parents still have in their museum of SueJ and siblings' artifacts (i.e., basement).
This is probably why I still love theme days--the chance to pull out props and costumes. Why I tell the bell choir to wear bandanas as we play "Red River Valley." Why I have dressed up as a Christmas tree (with plug-in lights) and a shepherd at the office....
Life can be taken oh so seriously. When we forget about our relationships with our kids--or anyone--we forget that God commands us to love one another.
You go, Mr. Power Ranger (Princess' Daddy)!
Somehow I cannot picture Mr Chatty Kelly caring the said lunch box. Of course, we'll never know cause all of ours are princess or Dora.
I loved this post. It made me think about the exciting times of playing house and rocking babies...and the reality of keeping house and raising children.
This was really great. Thanks for sharing.
I would ask which Power Ranger Mr P is, but since I don't know anything about them - it wouldn't matter. ;-)
I think that is just too cool!
Too bad all of our Sponge Bob, Power Ranger and Pokemon t-shirts are all so small or I could send Mr He's Not ADHD He off to work in them.
Post a Comment