long task we are undertaking as moms. It's not just an eighteenyear commitment that we can easily toss aside, nor do we get signed up for retirement benefits.
I am glad we have a God who listens to our prayers for our wee ones. A God who cares about their fears and their individuality. My mom and I agreed to pray for both my youngest and for me as I help her to overcome her apprehension of new places, people and groups.
Isaiah 40:11 " He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."
Galatians 6:2 "Carry each others burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ"
Dear God,
May my little girl feel Your loving presence everywhere she goes so that she will have courage to join in with other children and enjoy their company. May she feel courage to shine the light You have given her to others, as she does at home. Lord, grant me wisdom in my encouragement to push when it is right too, and to let it be, when it would be best for her to work through this on -her time. In Jesus Name, Amen.
3 comments:
This is a sweet post today. I will pray for your daughter today. You know, it does say that the meek will inherit the earth. Maybe she is going to have a meek and gentle spirit when she's grown. (Perhaps she gets those traits from her meek and gentle spirited Mom?)
I think Mothering is the hardest job in the world! We do second guess all our decisions, but know that one decision isn't going to make or break her. It is the combination of all the things, and you & Mr P are doing a great job. Hang in there! (and preschool in the fall, while tough at first, is sure to help).
No one could ever understand how difficult some of the decisions we, as moms, have to make.I constantly struggle with second-guessing myself.
If your daughter's personality has even an ounce of yours, then she will be just great.
Post a Comment