Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sisters In Christ Weekend!

If you have never attended a Women of Faith Conference. I would definitely recommend it!

It was exciting, inspirational, and fun! I laughed, cried and reflected about many things.


All of the speakers were dynamic, and shared their personal testimonies; that showed how our past experiences bad and good can help us minister to others, and can give glory to God.

They showed that through our weaknesses God's strength is shown; and we are made strong through Him. We laughed and cried along with them as they told their stories.



They encouraged us to use our personal failures and brokenness as tools to help others who have also gone down the same road, so that together with God's help, we can be whole again.



We were encouraged to search scripture expectantly, seeking council for our lives, so that the Word of God can become living for us. We should also be passionate about our responsibilities, entering our days with vigor and purpose instead of ho-humming our daily tasks. This was especially helpful to me in the many tasks that seem small or mundane in my daily life. (Don't be surprised by passionate laundry or meal planning blog in the future!)



We learned the dangers of letting our emotions rule our decisions, and the pain that a careless word, like a flame, can hurt or singe our loved ones. Through all our days we are to be responsible for our behaviour and how it effects the dignity of others.


In the times we feel hopeless in a problem we should learn to do what we can, and trust God to do the rest. Having peace as He does have everything in control.

Dear God,
How awesome You are! Thank you for the opportunity to worship and learn along with friends this past weekend. I also thank you for keeping us and our families safe! Help me to use what I have learned to show others Your amazing love and infinite grace! In Jesus Name, Amen!

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."


Many thanks to AS, SG, SC, SB, BS, AA and WP for a great weekend! May we have many more adventures in Christ together!





4 comments:

Kelly said...

Look at you - dipping your feet in the fountain! Cute!

I'm so glad you had a great trip. I can't wait to read your passionate laundry blog, as I could use some help in that area!

I'm glad you were blessed. Keep sharing the blessings with us - the encouragement is contagious!

Sue J. said...

It's good to go deep!

Our weaknesses, failures, shortcomings, etc.....all part of who we are, the choices we made, the faith we showed (or didn't)--all great for witnessing, because it's who we are. Great reminder!

You look refreshed and you "sound" refreshed--Praise God!

My ADHD Me said...

Glad you had fun and got home safely.
I enjoyed your post.
And CK was right, you did look SO cute in that pic!!

Kacey Elliott said...

SB shared how moving this experience was for her as well, and she so enjoyed spending time with you! It is so wonderful to have that time to reflect and gain a better understanding of what we need to do. Sadly, emotion often leads the way, and sometimes what comes out of my mouth is not at all what I meant to say. Thanks for the reflection, and I am so happy you enjoyed yourself!