Our church is sending a group to Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula to do construction work on a church, provide a Vacation Bible School and run a glasses ministry. The participants will be sleeping in hammocks and may not have the luxury of indoor plumbing for this adventure for God.
Please join me in praying for them for this adventurous yet challenging time. July 22-29.
Dear God,
Please keep our missionaries under Your continual protective care, providing strength for them to complete the tasks You have set. I pray that they will work together in unity, having the same mind in their work and ministry to the villagers there, so as best to do what You have planned. May they also grow in their faith in You realizing that they can do all things through You who strengthens them. Grant them peace and assurance that their family members are safe and are under Your care. May they come home with renewed faith, increased joy and dedication to Your will for their lives. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Romans 15:30-32 "I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed."
Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:"
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 comment:
The verses we're reading in Isaiah in this next block talk in one place about those who carried about their idols. God doesn't want us to carry idols but to carry one another's cares to Him. And I'm sure there are some cares amidst those traveling to Mexico with such meager provisions. Yet, God provides, doesn't He?
Prayers for all cares to be cast upon Him who can do more than all we can ask, think or imagine--in the remotest places and under the most challenging conditions. AMEN!
Post a Comment