Often times when faced with a dilemma of what to do on a decision I would go to my husband, my mom, or even a wise friend. I'd feel justified in my decision because well, my mom said so,..... or my dear wise friend said I should do this.
Our Bible study leader asked this question: Who do you trust? More specifically who do you trust with your comings and goings? Shamefully and honestly, I thought about my reliance on others. Of course I have taken decisions to God in prayer as well, but sadly it's not always been the first place I have gone.
Our God can be trusted and in His Word he will reveal His nature, and there we can discern His Will for our lives. His Word is the voice of direction that is sure and true.
Dear God,
Guide me through Your Word in all areas of my life. Forgive my reliance on others. May I confidently stand secure knowing You are there guiding me and leading me in the ways You'd have me go. The path may be harsh and unwelcoming, may I find peace and comfort in that You are holding my hand.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Isaiah 58:11
The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land.
Isaiah 41:13
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you Do not fear; I will help you.
4 comments:
Oh boy! I am the queen of this. I turn to friends first. It seems more re-assuring to have that tangible person hug you, or talk you through. God is always there for us, but sometimes it is hard to get that immediate feedback we want. Good words to think on today, girlfriend!
Hmmm...I agree that we should definitely seek God's wisdom and direction in all things, and reliance on those things needs to come as well. I don't think that means we can't go to others. How many times have we heard God speak through others? But, to solely rely on someone else's word/thought/advice before or rather than God's is not what He wants for us.
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God....I keep coming back to that for so many things. It seems so elementary, but it really is the bottom line of everything!
The only reason I can say that I do this more than don't is because God has arranged my circumstances throughout my life that He was and is the only place to turn. I have been thankful for that many times for the very reason that it has taught me to run to Him first.
Like Sue J, He always takes me back to Matthew 6:33 when I need to regroup.
Your scriptures today were a blessing, especially Isaiah 41:13. Thank you. :)
I pray that my trust is truly in the Lord for there is nobody on earth that can get us through what we are facing.
I have failed in this area so many times and am attempting to really focus my gaze upon the one who can be trusted.
Thank you for the reminder.
Post a Comment