Sunday, January 11, 2009

Son Light


During this time of year I get the winter blahs. The days are short and often times cold and gray. I long for summer, and feel quite blue. My husband noticed this pattern and has been on a mission to "brighten" my days!
He installed a bigger, brighter over head light in our kitchen and put in lights over our counter space. Our kitchen is lighter and brighter!















We also try to get outside on those days the sun is shining, for some real sun light! Cold or warm.... the warm days are my favorite!


The best cure for the winter blues is to spend time with the Son, Jesus Christ. Remembering the promise of Spring and the promise of eternal life through Him.






John 1:4-5 The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.



May we all chase those winter blahs away by spending time in God's word for some "Son" light!


8 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I know what you mean about the winter blahs. I like "The Son Light". I'll keep that in mind when I'm feeling blue.
have a great day!!

My ADHD Me said...

P.S. I just read your last post...I LOVED IT!!

Kelly said...

I get the blues in winter too. Ugh! May God's word continue to be the lamp unto our feet and the light unto our path!

Joy Junktion said...

Thank you for the reminder that the SON is sometimes all the light we need to get through some very dark days.

Edie said...

I am so with you on needing more light and always needing more LIGHT! There really is no better cure for anything than basking in the SONLIGHT.

Love your exploring pics!

Sue J. said...

The brightness of a winter's snowfall can be blinding! I was so glad to have had a glimpse of it.

Keeping involved with ministry and Bible study have really be rejuvenating, even through the tough days of getting the kids back on schedule and helping them with their winter blues.

I really like your new light!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I always need lot's of lights on when it's yucky outside!! It effects my mood too!! What a sweet husband you have, but you are right He's the only way!! =)

Beth Herring said...

I love this post! I also think it is so wonderful that your husband can do things like that! My sweet fella is not what you would call very mechanically inclined. He can certainly preach the Word, but can't do lights, mini-blinds,assemble things, etc...

Enjoy God's day!
Beth