As we get into our Patterson 5 Mini van embarking on each days adventure my husband and I call out to our children "buckle your seat belts"! Our youngest still requires assistance with the five point harness of her belt and often still questions, "Why, why do I have to wear a seat belt?" I answer with,
"It's the law".....
"To protect you"........
"Because I love you"......
God gives us commands, laws that are in place, not to make the Christian life a bore, but because He is holy and demands holiness from us... because it is
His law......
to protect us.....
because he loves us.......
As I wrap my seat belt of protection around me I think of the laws that God requires of me..... wrapped around me, protecting me,........ because He loves me!
Leviticus 25:18
"Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land."
1 Peter 1:15-16
"But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
1 John 5:3
"This is love for God: to obey his commnads. And his commands are not burdensome."
2 comments:
That's so great! So simple--love how you drew that parallel....
Love the derby photos, too....my nephew does that with his Cub pack. What a time for your guys!!
I like the way you pulled those 2 together. I'm also glad you buckle up because...
It's the law.
It protects you.
And, we love you!
Post a Comment