To: You
Date: Today
From: The Boss
Subject: Yourself
Reference: Life
I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you can not handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (Something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved but in My time not yours.
Once the matter is placed in the box do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.
Love,
God.
My father-in-law had a letter similar to this one taped to his bathroom mirror over 10 years ago. He was shouldering a heavy load at that time, as a pastor of a church, and caregiver for his wife in their home. I would read it often when we would visit and hoped I'd take it on into my own life.
We are currently studying Exodus in my bible study. Moses in chapter 33 does not want to take a single step with out the assurance of God's presence. Many times I have felt that my daily activities, comings and goings, are so small surely I can handle them. I thought this memo above was for the big decisions in life. My thinking has recently changed for if I am not seeking His presence in all of my activities how can I be certain I am following His plan... not my plan.
Dear God,
May I daily spend time in Your Word so that Your ways may be revealed to me. May I seek Your presence in everything I do faithfully fulfilling the purposes You have for me to do. May I trust in You to take care of the big stuff, yet also consult you with the small stuff ...that consumes my time. May I rely on You so that I will not miss any of the blessings You have for me.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Exodus 33:15 "Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here."
Isaiah 30:1a "Woe to the obstinate children declares the Lord, to those who carry our plans that are not mine,"
3 comments:
The part of the "memo" that I have a hard time with it the part about on God's timing. I, of course selfishly, want my problems worked on right now. May I remember who is perfect in my relationship with God, and who...is not.
I love this post Mrs P. God delights in taking care of All our cares and concerns and decisions. Even the smallest ones. I don't always remember to take every little thing to Him but much progress is being made. :)
This is definitely a memo to keep posted on the board and not filed in a drawer!
So many things resonate with me, as I come into and out of the challenges.... but today, it's about letting go, into God's box. I have to trust that He will work things out according to His will and timing. I have to do my part and get it in there, without extra Post-It notes, side requests or attachments!
Post a Comment