Friday, January 30, 2009

Prayers to Prepare For The Day



Often times my days are filled to the rim with "to do's". My list grows and grows with lots of tasks that seemingly must be done to keep our household running smoothly. I found myself praying for strength, endurance, and wise time management so the things I wanted to get done would.....get done. Sadly, I was leaving out the most important tasks of my days. What does God have for me to do? Shouldn't I be beginning my day preparing myself for the works He has in mind?



This is a hymn by Frances Havergal written in 1874



Take my life and let it be






Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;

Consecrated-to devote irrevocably to God, to make or

declare sacred.






Take my hands and let them move






At the impulse of Thy love.




Take my feet and let them be






Swift and beautiful for Thee;






Take my voice and let me sing,






Always, only for my King.




Take my lips and let them be






Filled with messages from Thee;






Take my silver and my gold,






Not a mite would I withhold.




Take my moments and my days,






Let them flow in endless praise;






Take my intellect and use






Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.







Take my will and make it Thine,






It shall be no longer mine;






Take my heart, it is Thine own,






It shall be Thy royal throne.




Take my love, my Lord, I pour






At Thy feet its treasure store;






Take myself and I will be.......Ever, only, all for Thee.



Dear God,
May I consecrate my life to You.... daily....May You be involved in all my comings and goings. May my ears be tuned in, to hear Your voice, may my hands be set to do Your work, and may my feet be ready to go where You need me to go to do Your will.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Psalm 25:4-5
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
Colossians 3:17
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

3 comments:

Sue J. said...

Take my hands at let the move
At the IMPULSE of Thy love

The impulse....which is not something that is a long-planned, long-met-over, long-time-in-discussion kind of thing. We so have to be ready, or the moment will go by, and we will have missed the opportunity.

I have a hard time not keeping lists. Because I do forget more and more with so many things afloat in my head. But, more and more, too, do I see God working in me to change my plans for something better. And that is such a blessing. It's still a small-step process, but I do see Him working in me in that regard.

Thanks for sharing these words, line by line, as you can really hear them and understand them apart from the hymnal!

You guys have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

I love that hymn, and I love the way you you are applying it in your life. Good advice & instruction today!

Edie said...

I absolutely love this Ginny. It really directed my heart today. Thank you.

Thanks for signing my guestbook too. What a beautiful picture of you!