Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vacations Over

It's official, Christmas vacation is over. All of the children went to school today and I so did I, to volunteer. It was fun to be back with the wiggling first graders helping with their spelling! As I waited for my next group in the hallway I saw a small girl who is blind. I've seen her many times before. Every time I see her she is smiling! All of the children are so full of energy, spark, and exuberance for each and every moment of their day! God has great things in store for them this year, 2009, and for all of us too!




In our extended family we are looking forward to a baptism this month, and in the spring a wedding! My husband turns forty this year and instead of a big party we think a family, and friends trip is on the horizon. The boys are looking forward to soccer and swimming, two of their favorite sports.




Each day is a gift from God to be begun with joy! Joy even when times may be tough, joy found when looking for blessings. My family and I have many blessings! May we experience the gift of being thankful for each and everyone!




Dear God,


On this cold and dreary day that I began missing the vacation atmosphere of this past two weeks; I am thankful for the children, mine, and those in my son's school. Thankful for their smiling faces, their excitement so much that they can not sit still! The joy they capture every moment! We are blessed by so many good things that are from You. We are also blessed by trials You allow to be in our lives so that we may fully rely on You. May we continue to be thankful for each moment and each blessing You give to us.


In Jesus Name,


Amen.


Psalm 16:11

You have made known to me the path of life; youwill fil me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


Romans 12:12

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.






"Snowball" Fight in the Den!






2 comments:

The Patricks said...

You are always so good about commenting on my blog - thank you! Though I don't often comment, I really enjoy reading about your sweet family. Looks like y'all had a fun Christmas too! Like you, I didn't really want to think about getting back into the swing of things - I really do love just having the kids home all day and having nothing to do for awhile. Hey, Spring Break isn't too far away!

We love you guys!

Tracie

Kelly said...

I love your sweet heart and spirit. Your blog alwys brightens my day.