After the Christmas rush of activities I wearily laided down for a much needed nap Christmas afternoon. It was a blessed time filled with wonderfully prepared meals and lots of "treasures" to be opened. Honestly, after such a whirl wind of activities, I was exhausted.
I thought about Mary. She travelled far during a time most woman would feel it was too late in their pregnancy to leave home. She must have been weary and maybe even miserable. She had to deliver her son in extremely humble conditions and then visitors came! It might have been overwhelming. The Bible says she treasured these things: the worshiping shepherds, the singing angels and the extravagant gift giving, Wise men.
What are you treasuring from this Christmas time?
My treasures are simple but yet special all the same.
I treasure the moment my youngest daughter was praying along with our minister, and children's choir, before they were to sing for the congregation on Christmas Eve. Her sweet little hands folded and head bowed in earnest prayer warmed my heart.
I treasure singing Silent Night along with fellow believers in a candle lit church meditating on the true meaning of this blessed time- the gift of salvation we receive in Jesus Christ.
I treasure that my parents came to share this celebration with us, and that they are healthy and even robust!
I treasure the sparkle in Mr P's eye as he had surprises under the tree for me that I did not know about. Before I'd even opened my gifts the realization came to me that the giver is truly more spectacular than any gift!
Dear God,
May we keep the joy of Christmas all year long as any day is a great day to celebrate the gift of life you have given us in Christ Jesus. May we truly feel how blessed we are by our family and friends and never take them for granted. May we take hold of every opportunity to show them love. May we reach out to others who may not know You and may our lives cause them to seek You. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Luke 2:19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
7 comments:
What a great day! I'm so happy you enjoyed it.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and found enjoyment in Him.
I love your photos! (as always) I had to laugh at the first one because you're the only one who doesn't look a little concerned about what the photographer is going to do. lol! It's very cute!
It looks like y'all had a great Christmas...and I'm so glad you and the kids had fun with K and P....I know you were so glad they were there. I know I say this all the time, but you have such a sweet heart. Happy Holidays to you and yours....tell everyone I said hello. I loved y'alls Christmas card....and P and B's, too. :o) Love to you all!
I really looks like you had a great day! I bet you treasure that Christmas afternoon nap too. Christmas is wonderful. It's exciting and full of magical moments....but those Christmas afternoon naps are definitely a treasure too! :)
That is so sweet!! I'm glad you all had a great Christmas and hope you are rested up! It WAS exhausting!! =)
So glad to hear that you had a wonderful Christmas--and that you found some quiet time for you to reflect and rest! My treasure this Christmas? When my boys starting singing Happy Birthday to Jesus without being prompted. Too, too cute! Thanks for sharing, heartwarming as always!
Just thinking about the Pattersons n thought I'd say HAPPPppPppy new year!
Hope all is well with yall!
holykisses,
Lea
Post a Comment