Monday, December 1, 2008

Light One Candle For Hope

Our house is all a buzz with the excitement Christmas brings! Children full of excitement, energy and laughter! Our home is usually loud but today...it's very loud. Songs were sung at the tops of their voices! Huge belly laughs as they chased each other round and round our house. Christmas time is here and they are delighted!





We love tradition and have many little things we do every year. During Advent we have our devotion time right after dinner by candle light! Today the first candle was lit, the hope candle. Reminding us of the hope we have in Jesus. Jesus brings hope into the dark places of the world. By God's mercy through Jesus, we have been born anew to a living hope.



Dear God,



We look forward to Christmas with excitement and joy. Help us to take our time enjoying this wonderful time of praise and thanks to You. May we let go of the anxiety of busy schedules and full calendars. May we slow down so we can be attentive to Your whispers. Open us up to Your love that fills us with hope!



In Jesus Name,

Amen.





Titus 2:13

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ."



John 8:12

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."



I Peter 1:3

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."




7 comments:

Sue J. said...

Looking forward to "attending" all of your Advent candle-lightings! Thanks for the reminder of eternal Hope!

Kelly said...

I love reading your blog. You shine God's light so beautifully, you show God's hope better than the candle. :D

On Purpose said...

I love the picture at the top! Your precious children are such beautiful 'gifts' around that tree!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Great new picture!! Can't wait to get out our Christmas stuff. I love advent, it really helps to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. :)

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Love your new festive blog facelift! It looks great. Your babes look precious around that tree. We spent the day with many "helping" hands decorating our home for Christmas today. What a joy it was to pull out the nativity and talk about baby Jesus with them. Thanks for sharing your Advent celebrations with us--I look to you for many inspirations!

Leaon Mary said...

What a WONDERFUL thing to do with your family! Beautiful LIGHT!

The kids with their little trees are DARLING! Looks like they had great fun! Even your dog seems to ENJOY the CHRISTMAS TREE!

I positively LOVE the TALE OF THREE TREES. It is such a wonderful book... It is one I'll never forget!

Have a great night!
You truly are a sweet INSPIRATION ya know!!
Lea

Edie said...

What a beautiful centerpiece and Christmas tradition. I love the idea of an Advent devotion. You are teaching them well. :)

Love the new header too! Of course I always love to see pictures of the kids. :)