"Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand hath provided. Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me. "
That is all of the song she knows, (I was impressed she'd remembered even that much!) Her song lifted my spirits and I began to sing along.
Later I pulled out a hymn book to review and be granted comfort from the verses.
"Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!"
Her singing reminded me of even during a blue day there is much to be thankful for!
I am thankful for the dear friend who kindly asked how I was doing on Wed. morning and lovingly sat with me as I unloaded my sorrows into her lap. I am thankful for the prayers she is saying for Chuck and for the prayers she is saying for an aching family.
I am thankful for the songs the Lord places in my sweet little Miss B's heart, oh how they warm my soul! Later in the day she was singing Jesus Loves Me. Her songs helped keep me focused on the promises God has for me today!
I am thankful for my gracious parents, who at last minutes notice are coming to lead a hand so that Chuck can go to be with his friends to mourn the loss, and remember the happy times of a life gone much too soon.
Today while sharing my blessings and gratitude with a friend she reminded me how blessed we are to have the Lord to comfort, guide, and carry us through times such as these. Oh how I am thankful for the Lord, today and everyday!

Matthew 5:4
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
For many more reasons to be thankful please come to my friend Sonya's blog!
5 comments:
So sorry that you & Chuck have had a hard week. So sad. I am so thankful for your wonderful parents and friends along the way who have blessed your soul, your sweet Miss B, and especially our heavenly Father who is in charge of it all.
Amen!
Call me if you need me, or have your mama call me too.
Dear Heavenly Father thank you for a this momma's heart that is so in tune with yours, to be able to hear your sweet and precious whispers to her heart through her daughters songs! Father be in all the details of this situation. Be wtih those that are traveling, make the most of every moment, hold the tears in Your mighty hands and bring peace and joy in time that is only perfect because You are in control! We love You Lord-Amen
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Isn't is just like a child to show us the beauty that surrounds us even when we can't see it ourselves as we are so clouded by our own sorrows? *hugs*
God sends us His reassurance of His presence in so many ways. He does know when we are downtrodden, and knows just the ways to pick us up and to take care of us.
Your blog is a beautiful witness to that. I am so sorry for the loss that you are enduring, knowing how special camp was to Mr. P. In time, you will be reflecting upon special times and remembering the work of our Father in that special relationship.
Be well and keep lookin' up this week. He is meeting your needs, and ministering to your concerns...answering the prayers of your hearts!
Come by my blog and see what you won!
Love
Cindy
Post a Comment