Monday, April 6, 2009

Mississippi Wedding







I love weddings. I tear up as the bride and groom lovingly look at one another and vow to love, honor, and cherish each other until death takes them away from one another. I enjoy the stories of how they met, and when they knew they'd met "the one!"

This is a story of a young man whose sister-in-law prayed that God would place a virtuous woman in his life. Someone who loved God, someone he could grow old with. As she prayed my cousin would come to mind. Because of her prayers and eventual promptings my cousin and he met, became friends and then quickly fell in love! Both of them place God foremost in their lives, and now each other in their marriage, and finally their families. We were blessed to attend their wedding where there was not an empty seat in the church. Every row was full, and guests were standing so they could share in their joy! It was a wonderful, beautiful ceremony that brought honor and glory to God.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I praise you for the gift of marriage. You've taught us that two are better than one. That we can come together and help each other on this journey of life. I thank you for my cousin and her husband. I pray that their ceremony caused others to remember their vow and commitment to each other, and most importantly their commitment to You.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Ecclesiastes 4:9
Two are better than one for they have a good return for their work.





All of us dressed up for the wedding.






My Mom, Grandma, me and Beth. I have written about my Grandma before... Here is a link to her Birthday Post.

3 comments:

Sue J. said...

I was wondering where you were....a wedding--how fabulous! You all look wonderful (and I like the new picture of Mr. P. with the kids!).

I'm sure that young couple will be touched by what you wrote and even more so by remembering your very presence at their ceremony--full church or not! To be surrounded by family in the House of God on an occasion as such is something to be treasured forever. It's the start of the most importantly earthly commitment you choose to make.

I know the shot of you with Mom and Grandma and Beth will be treasured, too!

On Purpose said...

Thank You for sharing your celebrations with us...celebrating life is so important! We serve a God who truly wants us to celebrate each precious moment He has given us...and isn't it amazing that Jesus' first miracle took place at a wedding...God truly holds the marriage covenant dear to His heart! You have a beautiful family!

The Patricks said...

I am trying to re-enter blogger world and catch up with everyone. It was so great to see you guys at the wedding! Your kids have grown up so much, and they are beautiful (not supposed to say that about boys, I know, but they are!)