Monday, March 16, 2009

86,400 Seconds

We are granted 86,400 seconds every day. What are you doing with them?

These seconds are a gift from God for only he knows the number of seconds our lives will amount to. As I choose to spend my seconds as a gift, I will praise God even if my day is tough. I pray God will open my eyes to those how may need encouragement, a shoulder to lean on or a helping hand. May I view interruptions as divine appointments and not forget to stop and enjoy precious moments with my family. I am thankful for these seconds and pray God will grant me wisdom to use them in a joyful way!

May God bless your 86,400 seconds today!

Psalm 90:12
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Some how it seems like more time, when you list it in seconds. And I wonder how many seconds I am wasting each day. A LOT! I need to work on that.

Got your message today. Thanks!

Sue J. said...

I am a calendar girl! As a mom, if I didn't track things, some things would fall through--we all would have missed opportunities.... Then there is the fact that the girls thrive on a concrete schedule, which sometimes makes me crazy!

At the same time, more and more, God says to let go of the worry about time, in light of the fact that He is calling me to spend it with a specific purpose that may not be on the calendar or in the schedule. And I have definitely seen the beauty in that!

I'm just trying to trust Him more about how I'm spending the time, even if it means fitting into my girls' rigid schedules, because that's what they need.

We may not be able to do all we want, but have we done all that God wants us to do? That can be a big difference....

My Army Brats and Me said...

I am so thankful for every second I have! Thanks for the post.
Love Cindy

Jamie said...

Hmmm...I don't think I'm making all my seconds count. I need to be more mindful with what I'm doing with all my seconds in the day.

My ADHD Me said...

I'm always rushing. I always have "too" much to do....But how many seconds, minutes, hours am I wasting?

Great Post....Something to thing about!