As a friend and I were talking about the ways we ourselves handled situations, or shall I say mishandled situations, we joked that years from now our children will be in therapy for that memory we planted. Or maybe it will be those long days where my patience was thin and my words were too harsh. Perhaps the times I should have used gentle encouragement instead of tough love or the other way around...... those times could be scarring as well. We love our children so much and yet we still fall short.
I am thankful that my husband and I do have a place to go for wisdom in our parenting. Straight to God through His Word, and through prayer. I am even more thankful that my children have a perfect parent, God. He promises to be with us every day and through our weaknesses His glory is shone.
Dear God,
You are our Father, the all knowing and all powerful parent. You discipline those You love and it is always fair and just. I thank you for Your Word which we can gain wisdom and encouragement during these parenting years! May Chuck and I rely on You as we travel this journey together with You and our children, teaching them to rely on You as well.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
"Above all things have a fervent love for one another, for, "love will cover a multitude of sins."
1 Peter 4:8
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness ans patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:12-14
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long."
Psalm 25-4-5
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17
6 comments:
I've seen some of your parenting and from what I can see, things are going to be just fine!
I'm just waiting for the day when I walk into a psychiatrists office and he or she says..Oh My Goodness! You're (my mom's name here)'s daughter! We've been waiting for you!!
You are so right ~ we ALL have a perfect parent ~ and I'm so thankful we do.
I've already told my kids to seek the therapy they need to recover from my failings ~ LOL:)
Blessings, Cindy
Tracie and I are always joking about getting a therapy family discount for all the mistakes we will make and have made with our children. But, you are so right - we do have a perfect Father and Parent. Because our children belong to Him, He alone is the One we should rely on to guide us as we care for our children. I'm so thankful for His guidance and care in my new adventures of parenthood. I don't always listen, but he usually snaps me back into reality real quick when I forget He is in control.
It's interesting to tell your kids, "I'm not perfect," and have them look up at you perplexed. They have such high expectations of us, I think, and I know I can't meet them.
But, I still get mad at myself, making the same mistakes over and over.
The more we all realize that we have a God who really cares about us and is willing to help, the more we might be able to forgive ourselves for the things we do. Because we're definitely not perfect!
Thank God for our PERFECT DADDY!
Have a beautiful day!
Your post BLESSED me!!
Lea
Hey Ginny!
I'm so glad my Perfect Parent doesn't expect me to be perfect. I just can't live up to that expectation.
Have been missing stopping by here!
Post a Comment