This evening we will go to our church for an Ash Wednesday service. All of us will be attending as a family so we thought it would be best to prepare the children.
Here is our dinner conversation from last night.
Do any of you know what tomorrow is?
Josh: Ash Wednesday
Can any one tell me what that means?
Sam: We get to go to church and Pastor Dave is going to write that we love God on our foreheads!
He seemed very excited for this event, thankfully!
Last nights devotion reminded us to be "set apart to the Lord"
Joshua 3:5
Joshua told the people, 'Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.'"
We talked about ways we could set ourselves apart to the Lord so that He might do "amazing things among us."
It's in the smallest of things.... that's where we could begin!
We need to do things as if we are doing them for God and not for man.
I asked the children to do all of their tasks at home, school, homework, chores, as if Jesus asked them to do them. They agreed they truly would want to do their very best and to do them with out complaining or grumbling.
"May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart
Bless your Name, bless Your name, Jesus
And the deeds of the day and the truth in my way
Speak of You, speak of You Jesus
For this is what I'm glad to do
It's time to live a life of love that pleases You
And I will give my all to You
Surrender everything I have and follow You
I'll follow You."
Tim Hughes
Colossians 3:23-24
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."
Philippians 2:14-16
"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life---"
4 comments:
Great lesson and focus for us all this morning and in this season. Be blessed tonight!
This is a GREAT lesson for our children...and their momma whose heart is like that of a childs...simple easy to understand faith! Thank you!
Not only a great lesson for the kiddos but we could all use a bit of a reminder I'm sure. I really loved this Mrs P. Especially your son's enthusiasm! :D
One of the things I miss in the contemporary church is Ash Wednesday and celebrating Lent.
Glad you guys are focusing on the important things...as always.
**off topic** Cici LOVES the Snoopy. Thank you!
Post a Comment