Monday, February 16, 2009

Josh Is Nine Years Old Today!








Nine years ago today at 8:03 AM our biggest boy was born! He must have been in a hurry to get started because we arrived at the hospital at 7:30 AM. He did not even give us time to get signed in! Mr P who is regularly rather squeamish, (he routinely gets dizzy when giving blood) wondered how he would do during this delivery process. He rose to the occasion beautifully and thanks to the teaching of wonderful nurses and staff actively participated.









Over the weekend I was able to share with my son how we prayed for him for two years before he was born. We prayed God would bless us with a child, just like him, and when we found out we were "with child" and shared the news, his Papaw Curtis sang the Hallelujah chorus! We gave him the name Buttercup while he was in utero because we wanted to be surprised to find out if he was a boy or girl. We read to him, played music for him, and prayed for his health and future.










Blessedly my mother-in-law was there to share in the excitement of the upcoming birth. She shopped for baby supplies and picked out a special Pooh bear similar to one Mr P had (and still has) as a child! Charlotte battled MS for many years and her victory day was Josh's birthday, both occurred in the early morning hours on February 16, 2000. We found out moments before we left for the hospital and we were unable to absorb or talk about the news. Our doctor handed Josh to Mr P first ....... he looked in his face then at me and said, "Mom saw Josh." There were tears streaming down his face, this was the first time I'd ever seen my husband cry.






We cherish this bond my son and my mother-in-law have. Both are dear souls whom we believe passed that morning. Much rejoicing will be in heaven when we can all be together again...this time for eternity and Charlotte I feel certain will be dancing!









Psalms 127:3

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him."


Ephesians 3:16-19

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."


1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to greive like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him."

13 comments:

Edie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Josh!!!

Oh Ginny this really brought tears to my eyes. I believe they did pass each other on that morning as you said.

Have a wonderful celebration today!!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. P, I loved this post. So beautiful in every way. I, too, had tears in my eyes when I read it--what a beautiful tribute to two souls: Josh and Charlotte!
Hope you guys had fun celebrating today!

Hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. P, I loved this post. So beautiful in every way. I, too, had tears in my eyes when I read it--what a beautiful tribute to two souls: Josh and Charlotte!
Hope you guys had fun celebrating today!

Hugs to you all!

Stacy said...

Hey Ginny! What a touching post - it brought tears to my eyes! I hope your little boy has a Happy Birthday!
Stacy

Kacey Elliott said...

If I can see through my own tears, I just want to say how very precious this story is. I have no doubt she sent him into this world at a rapid speed. From previous posts she doesn't sound like a woman who would want you to dwell in sadness, but more to rejoice in happy blessings! Happy Birthday Josh!

My Army Brats and Me said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad I read your post today. Enjoy your sweet son.
Love Cindy

Sue J. said...

I know you have shared her story before, but in this framework, it really brings those joy-filled tears!

I can't believe your big boy is 9! Yee-haw!! Classic big-boy cake, too.

What a special celebration!

The Patricks said...

Ginny,

What a wonderful, sweet story! God is good, all the time!!

Happy Birthday to sweet Josh!

Love,
Kris and Tracie

My ADHD Me said...

What a beautiful story. I wonder if these goosebumps you just gave me will go away shortly.
I'm quite sure they passed each other.
just really, really beautiful!

Kelly said...

This brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. I know how you both lovd Charlotte, and to think she held Josh, kissed his brow and said "send them my love"...well - waaaaaa!

Happy Bday Josh!

Kelly said...

p.s. what is on Josh's cake?

The Davidsons said...

Happy one-day-late Birthday to Josh! :o) And, what a sweet, sweet story!! Isn't our God amazing to work out the timing like that! How beautiful!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What an amazing story! I'm so glad I had a chance to read it here.

Hope the birthday went well! Blessings to you and your precious family!

Sonya