I've been tagged by two dear sweet gals, from The Patrick Family and The Davidson's to tell 25 random facts. These two extrodinary ladies are also my cousins so it makes it extra fun to blog along with them! My facts are random, silly, and you may have heard them before but here it goes!
1. My favorite days are days I've been outside on a walk either chasing kids on bikes or walks with just me and our dog. The feel of the warm sun on my face just does my soul good!
2. Most days I eat a PB&J for lunch and have for probably..... decades.
2. One of my favorite spots in the world is in our own back yard underneth the shade of our big oak tree watching my children play.
3. I love hot cocoa made with milk-marshmellows are an added decadance!
4. My husband and I call each other "Honeys." As I listen to my daughter pretend play with her dolls the "Daddy" doll and the "Mommy" doll call each other "Honeys."
5. I feel more comfortable in a room full of preschoolers than a room full of adults.
6. I do not really like veggetables but do eat them as an example to my children.
7. We are going to get a motorcycle and tour the US after I turn 50. So when you see an old couple on their Harley feel free to laugh at us ...I know we will!
8. I do not follow any sporting teams but enjoy seeing the excitement of others. I do cheer like a mad woman when my boys play soccer, football and swimming, even though Chuck has to explain football.
9. I do not enjoy playing video games but love to hear my nine year old tell me about how he is progressing in Mario Galaxy. The way he talks about it makes it seem so much more animated and exciting than it ever really could be!
10. We have a huge dog, 73 pound mut black lab mix. He was one of eight. His mom was taken in by a friend of mine and she suspected Gracie might be pregnant, and... well she had eight puppies a week later. She and her sister prayed for each furry baby and each one found a "perfect" home.
11. I enjoy play dough, finger painting, and love reading stories to my children.
12. My daughter and I have real tea parties with china at least twice a week. (Menu PBJ's, and Kool Aide of course!)
13. I enjoy blogging...it's a great avenue to work out your thoughts.
14. I love to bake especially when I have little helpers...their enthusiasm is so contageous!
15. I am not a morning person....but I do try really hard to be nice. Thankfully my husband knows I don't function well until I have a cup of coffee.
16. My favorite color is pink. When I was in seventh grade my room was pink and EVERY article of clothing I wore was pink. I still love pink and wear it if I have to talk in front of a group.
17. I don't like to talk in front of a group :) I'd much rather hug the wall and go unnoticed.
18. Chuck and I took ball room dancing classes and we both equally....stunk. We took the intro class twice b/c the first time we were just so bad... The second time we felt much better....Better enough to go on to the next level....We still stink at it! :) But it was a fun laugh!
19. My house plants love me.... Evidently I have a green thumb.
20. When I am working as a nurse I pray for my patients while I am caring for them, but only have prayed with a patient twice. I wait to be asked. I am hoping God will work ways into my day to spread His love to others.
21. My favorite flower is a daisy....they just look so happy!
22. I love to tap dance and still can double step, triple step in my kitchen for my kids.
23. We sneak in snacks at the movies. (please don't tell!) :)
24. I love to fly kites and only flew my first one two years ago on Jockey's Ridge.
25. I am amazingly blessed to have a wonderful husband and three beautiful children to share this adventure of life with me!
Have a praise filled Sunday!
10 comments:
I really enjoyed learning more about you. The random things are the things that really help us get to know each other better!
5. I agree
7. I NEVER would have guessed that! I can't wait to see the pictures!! Just DO NOT get a leather coat that says Harley Mama (even if it is pink!)
12. Aahhhh
13. Me Too!
15. Me Either!!
16. Ha! You and CK!
17. Yep. Me too again.
18. Fun! I have thought about doing that!
23. We do too. I won't tell if you don't!!
25. You are truly blessed!!
Ginny,
Thanks for sharing! It is so fun to learn all these little "factoids" (as I call them) about you. I can't wait to see you on a Harley! And there are NO plants that love me!! :) Oh, and we always sneak snacks into the movies. Once you've paid a gazillon dollars just to get in the door, the thought of spending more on snacks is ridiculous.
Love,
Tracie
Fun post, I enjoyed reading your list. Daisies are my favorite too!
I'm still chuckling over the PB&J. When I was pregnant with CJ, I had to eat 2 PB sandwiches before lunch--and this was at the office! If I didn't, I would be ill (sometimes I was anyway). I still enjoy peanut putter, but I hardly ever fix myself a sandwich.
And your tea parties are the best!
Hope it's a great week for all of you!!
I love kites too. I hope you aren't still eating peanut butter.
Cracking up at #7! For real!! =) Love your list, good to know more about you!
2. Ok now I realize that I may need to lighten up on Ashleigh just a bit. The only thing she ever wants for lunch is pb&j. I also had an uncle that took his lunch to work everyday. He always had two sandwiches and at least one of them had to be pb&j.
4. How cute!
5. Me too. I was actually intimidated even by children until God made me teach Kindergarten Sunday School. I loved it and taught for 4 years before I felt He wanted me to stop.
6. If only I could get Ashleigh to eat them just a little. ugh!!
7. I never would have guessed... but then you did mention a little graphic on you once. hmmmm :)
10. Aw, I'm so glad your friend took Gracie in and that all the puppies got good homes. I have no doubt that Toby got the best. :)
12. Hmmm, I may have to start having tea parties.
15. Me too but I need a pot.
17. Me too.
18. Oooo I would enjoy that. I took country dance lessons. I love the cowboy ChaCha. I love all kinds of dance... not break dance.
I enjoyed learning a little bit more about you today!
Hey Mrs P,
So where do you "hide" your Orville Redenbacker Kettle corn popcorn when you're sneakin into the movies? lol
We want to go see that movie New In Town and I want to bring my own 100 calorie pack popcorn. lol
Ball Room dancing? OHMIGOSH... will we ever get to watch a video? ;)
You are my kinda PEANUT BUTTER N JELLY GAL. LUNCH OF CHAMPIONS.
Smoochy holykisses,
and tickles for the lil chicklets.
Lea
Mrs. P, I loved learning more about you. I laughed aloud at #7, that is hysterical and it will be so fun for you guys to share that adventure together. You are awesome with preschoolers, I love me some PB and J too, and sneaking treats into the theater is the best! Otherwise, it's highway robbery once you pay for the family to see the movie, plus the popcorn, drinks...and so on!
Thanks so much for sharing, I really enjoyed it!
:) Kara
Hey there....Missing you, and I hope you all are doing well over there!
I'm still wrestling with a post over here. It's been much harder to concentrate on blogging since December, that's for sure.
Anyhow, thinking of you!
Post a Comment