Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Great Race!

Last Saturday was the Love Rox 1/2 Marathon.  We put aside our "fear" of running in cold, wet, rainy conditions and hit the trail! It was my friend's first 1/2 marathon and dispite the conditions she did have fun so this will not be her last 1/2! 

The harshness of the weather made me think of the race of our lives and how sometimes our lives can be tough.  Certainly tougher than running across an icy bridge with sleet beating on your face, chilling winds, and nothing to do about it but go forward.  Though I would have loved to not be running in those conditions, I was all ready "out" there.  No way to turn back.  Just stopping would have left me in the elements even longer.  Striving forwards however got me closer and closer to my goal- the finish line! In life just like a race, we can't just turn our backs on tough times.  We can't just quit. We have to strive forward.  Saturday I was thankful to have a friend running along with me, sharing in the agony, but then later in the joy of a race well run!  Just as in life I am thankful for the friends who are "running" along side me so we can lift, and encourage each other through our struggles.

Today,  I am thankful for my many friends.  Friends who encourage and help me to see goals I would have never dreamed could be accomplished.  Friends who pray for me, my children and for my marriage. Friends who laugh with me till we are almost in tears!  Some of these crazier friends will also arise predawn, and meet me for a run!  I am grateful to be in this race along with them.

No comments: