Friday, November 11, 2011
Today we are going home to NC to see my sweet Momma and my sweetly grouchy Daddy! As a child, cause I still feel pretty young, I've never wanted to even imagine my parents aging and going on. My Mom's battle with breast cancer is different this time then her battle seven years ago. This time it seems it may be a life long battle instead of a bump in the road that she can conquer, wear pink at races and carry balloons- one for each year of survival. She is a survivor and a fighter but her fight does not seem as fierce this time. My Mom has no worries she knows she stands right before the Lord and will have triumph either here or in heaven. Selfishly I want the triumph to be now and I want her to feel like she did when she was in her forties! My age! Oh what fun we'd have! She is my Mom and my best friend! She's who I call with the great news and the heart breaks of my life. She's who I call for advisements and even for the simple things, like how to bake a pecan pie. I am so thankful for my Mom and thankful for the time. Thankful my daughter gets to go this weekend and be with her Grandmother. Be there when Grammie is feeling not so good but not so bad either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment