Friday, February 22, 2013

Lemonade

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us"
Joseph Campbell

"In this life
 we are all just walking up the mountain
 and we can sing as we climb
 or we can complain about our sore feet
 whichever we choose we still gotta do the hike
 I decided a long time ago singing made a lot more sense"

These quotes are on a dear friend of mine's Facebook page. 


We all hope for the perfect. We all plan for the best!  No one plans to get cancer, or to get layed off. No one plans a divorce or death of a child.  Often times we even get mad when "bad" things happen.  We ask things like...."Why did this happen to me?" "How did I deserve this?"
 
 Who said things were to be perfect?  In fact doesn't it say in the Bible that life is supposed to be hard?  God knows the plan.  Hard times, easy breezy times, in between times....all part of a plan. We can choose to be discouraged, downtrodden, and defeated.  Or we can choose to be brave, courageous, and determined, trusting at the end of this trial we wll be someone stronger. 

When life gives you lemons make lemonade........  I like lemonade :)


John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world"

Romans 8:28  "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Psalm 139:16  "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. "



No comments: