I had an "Ah Ha" moment today for what the Lords been trying to say to me, but I've not sat down long enough to listen. While sitting in the choir loft waiting for the call to worship, our minister starts off differently, suggesting we take a moment of silence to reflect before worship. So I did what I am apt to do during a time like that.... I thought about our to do list for later that day.
Amazingly we only had one thing on! My husband had a Vision committee meeting later that night for our church. So I prayed that God would give the committee His vision for our church- so we as a congregation could see our community and world through God's eyes making it clear how we can best serve God.
That brought me to what I have been studying in John chapter 9 when Jesus sees a blind man who needs his healing. (Another "vision" reference) Jesus never wasted a moments time he constantly wanted to be doing His Father's work. Every moment of Jesus life was dedicated to God's will. He was only interested in doing the things God had planned for him to do. Jesus did not busy himself with other things just to please other people around Him. Jesus focused on doing one thing, listening only to God's will in his "to do" list preparation. Perhaps thats how his fully human part stayed so calm. He wasn't distracted by a huge "to do" list.
Our hymn for today was "Be Thou My Vision"
The song asks for God to be our vision, our wisdom,- that God would be in our thoughts both day and night. That our heart and God's heart would be one. Riches and mans praise would mean nothing--- only God would be our inheritance now and always.
In that moments silence it was almost as if God was saying to me. Seek my guidance, seek to see through my eyes, don't waste these precious moments I have given you to fulfill you purpose.
5 comments:
It's amazing how we tend to hyper-focus on the trivial things on our To-Do list.
Thankfully, Jesus wasn't crossing off "Do Laundry", "Clean out linen closet" etc instead of doing His father's will and saving our souls.
I love your family picture at the top of the page!!
My to do list is a bit overwhelming lately. I have been praying about how to schedule my time better.
Funny, I talked to our pastor today about a "vision" I have for this year. Praying it is HIS vision and not mine.
The kids sure are growing!
Always good to see you back in the blog world!
A great prayer that we might all seek his vision!
As I prayed with the bell choir last night, I was reminded of all the other folks meeting at church at the same time, doing their planning, goal-seeking. What to do in the New Year.... I was grateful that God laid that on my heart, as I can easily focus on the immediate before me, and mine own thoughts and direction.
I ever in Thee and Thou with me, Lord! Heart of my own heart, whatever befall. Still be my vision!
Yes, it IS good to have you sharing on the blog!
Encouraged to allow Him to write, and direct my to do list everyday!
Post a Comment