This week we studied John chapter 10. Here is the lesson I gave to my class of two year olds:
Jesus is the good shepherd. A shepherd cares for his sheep. The shepherd leads them to fields where the sweetest grasses grow and to the places where there is clean water to drink. Jesus is the good shepherd. People who believe in Jesus are His sheep. We have everything we need. We have food to eat and water to drink. Jesus is the good shepherd. A shepherd guards his sheep keeping them safe while they eat, rest, and play. The shepherd is with them through the day and through the night. Jesus promises those who believe in Him that He will always be with them. All day and all night. Jesus is the good shepherd. A shepherd knows all of his sheep by name and the sheep know his voice. Jesus knows all of our names and everything about us! Jesus is the good shepherd. When we believe in Jesus, we belong to Him, and He will be with us always!
As I was practicing in front of my children alternating pictures of pastoral sheepy scenes with modern day children in every day type scenes a song I learned when I was nine or ten popped into my head.
Of course, I had to sing it! It was a song a camp minister had written on these same verses and had taught to us that year at camp. I do not remember this man's name or even what he looked like- but I remember the words he helped plant in my heart! Life giving words. Words that stayed with me for decades!
I'm sharing this as it encourages me as I plant seeds in young ones hearts. They will not remember my name or my face but I pray they will remember the Word!
2 comments:
It's interesting how God chooses to plant memories in our hearts. Music is used often, isn't it? Perhaps that's why He led David to write so many Psalms!
But, some will remember pictures or working a hand puppet or marching in a circle or marching and waving palm branches.... different means for different folks, because the Good Shepherd knows how to call each of us into His fold!
Now, you didn't share the lyrics...I didn't expect you to have JP record you, but I thought for sure you might share what you sang.... Got me curious!
Let me just mimic with Sue J said.
"Now, you didn't share the lyrics...I didn't expect you to have JP record you, but I thought for sure you might share what you sang.... Got me curious!"
I love this post. It reminds me of when I was teaching the K SS class and practiced on my oldest grand-girl. My hearts prayer was always that what I taught would somehow make a life-long impression in their hearts.
Post a Comment