Saturday, September 5, 2009

Treasuring the Moments


Once again we've had a glorious summer and have much to be thankful for! Last night at a neighborhood back to school gathering I sat with a friend sharing our children's teachers and hopes for the new school year; we marveled at how big our boys are getting. My oldest feet are now just a bit bigger than mine and she shared how she now shops in the men's department for size 10 1/2 shoes for her seventh grader! The time we have to hold our precious ones is short indeed!




During a recent trip to an area park full of rolling hills, trees to climb and animals to see; my "little" boys both held my hands while chatting away about this and that. I beamed at them, treasuring the moment, while their once small hands, that are now much bigger are in mine.




These moments I treasure are gems indeed as time speeds on.






As I linger over the last few days of summer I am amazed at how much my children have grown. This season of our lives has been blessed with many hikes, twilight walks, and bike rides, which brought about chances for me to catch glimpses of the persons God is growing my children into. As I might be tempted to worry about the choices they will make I am thankful that they have a growing faith in God. I know mistakes will come, yet God will be there to bring about the good in them.

5 comments:

Sue J. said...

And THAT is a wonderful faith in which to stand (and smile!)

Why am I not surprised to see a picture of your three hanging around in a tree?!

So glad that summer finished well. You have been in my thoughts and prayers throughout at various times. Your absence from the blogosphere was definitely felt, though I knew it meant you guys were off doing great things!

Finally time to send them off to school, and for me, that will be the time to see if they have grown. Being in such close proximity all summer doesn't give me the right perspective--but the next few months will be different, and I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Hope I see YOU soon! Welcome back....

twinsplusone said...

Beautiful post and new picture! I sure have missed "catching" up with you guys on your blog this summer, but I am more grateful that you have spent the time reflecting on the joys of your awesome kids and marvel in the wonders of our God.
My boys start preschool this fall, and while it's not kindergarten, it is the start of it all...it has sent me remembering all of their past days and helped me look forward to all of the wonderful blessed days ahead.
So glad you all have enjoyed all your days of summer!
Enjoy these last few summer moments!
Hugs to you all!

Kelly said...

i've missed you too! I hope you guys have a wonderful Tuesday, and I'll miss you over here.

Love - Kelly

The Davidsons said...

Beautiful post and love the picture! I know it will only be a short while before Hayden's little hands are bigger than mine...he's already almost as big as me now...hehehe! Thought of Proverbs 22:6 when I read this. Love you! :o)

Edie said...

Those kids have wonderful parents to set the standard for them.

Just stopping by to say hello. You've been on my mind this week. Praying over you now.

Much love!