This summer has been one of the strangest in our family's history thus far. We have had a lingering virus that has sapped almost all of my usual enthusiasm and sunny side up attitude. Each week, for the past three weeks, one of our children has developed a really high fever, head ache, and cough. So each week we've pretty much stayed home sequestered to rally the current sick one with icy drinks, books, cartoons, and Wii games.
We were granted enough reprieve to go camping over the weekend but this bummer of a summer continues today as we care for my oldest who is now sick. As I moaned and complained last night my husband reminded me of all we have to be thankful for. A sweet friend today said, "Just think after all this is over it will feel like the first day of summer vacation for you again! "
So today I am thankful for my many blessings and looking forward to the first day of our summer vacation!
4 comments:
Dear Heavenly Father please heal and renew the Patterson family. Bring to them Your strength! May they know You are with them and may they feel, see and experience Your amazing presence even in the midst of this yucky no fun time! WE love You Lord! Amen
I am hoping all of you are feeling better soon. Sick children make any mom feel super sad and wishing we could take their place and make them feel better. I am praying that the LORD will give you that super boost of energy you need to survive the rest of this yucky sickness. :o) May your summer begin soon! Hehehe...I love that!
I am so sorry to hear that Ginny :( I hope this episode is over quickly and you all get to enjoy summer very soon. Sending good health vibes your way :)
Poor you! It is so frustrating to be stuck inside when you feel like everyone else is outside enjoying the summer. We've not done much this summer ourselves, and have only been to the pool twice.
I hope that J will soon feel better and that you will all be healthy and stay healthy for the rest of the summer!
Post a Comment